Sunday, May 23, 2010

Surprise!!

Friday night The Boyfriend surprised me with a dinner at...

...his house! Cooked by him!

He'd been bragging about how great his steaks are, and apart from that he can't cook much, so he showed off for me by cooking me up a superyummy steak dinner. With squash soup and broccoli and baked potatoes on the side. No occasion, just a regular weekend. He's spontaneous like that. I love my boyfriend!


So, yeah, that's all that was left, pretty much. Practically demolished it. I was sooo full though 'cos I ate broccoli (for once) and lots of the soup (I adore squash soup! With bacon bits!) and the baked potato that I couldn't finish the steak.

I have to say, I'm picky with steak but that was good! Just some regular cut beef that he seasoned some hours before with pepper and salt and it came out so tasty and tender! Pan fried with butter before my very eyes. Rested for a few minutes and voila! Rosy pink steak with a grey corona. The carnivore in me was overjoyed.

The Boyfriend was even thoughtful enough to remember that I really really like frozen iced tea (a.k.a. iced tea slush! I'm a girl of simple joys) and it was a perfect match to the hot, humid weather we were having, so he had some of that too. Finished it all :)


We were both so full by the end of the meal but after sitting around the table for a while just talking in the heavy humidity of a summer's night, we decided we had space for Razon's halo-halo.


I usually don't like halo-halo but I make an exception for Razon's. They've got the most luscious, refreshing evaporated milk slush on top of generous heaps of macapuno and ripe banana chunks, topped with two caramelly sweet  slices of leche flan. Obviously, I'm a fan. It's like halo-halo for non-halo-halo-lovers. It doesn't have all those beans and jellies that usual halo-halos do. It doesn't even have ube! (I don't like ube) This is pure, streamlined goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment