Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ynez's Wedding

It was my sister's wedding yesterday, the first one of our fine brood.


That's my mom, sister, brother-in-law, and dad! Pretty cool. You know those moments in movies when the doors of the church open and the bride walks in? I thought that was a total myth until my sister did it. I had to choke down the tears because my make up would run and the whole thing was just beginning. It's like she was walking in from the light. She met my dad and mom halfway down the aisle and they walked her to the front where they handed Julio her hand. My sister was sobbing under her veil already.


This is my brother Jiro and our little cousin Tomas, who was the ring bearer. Apparently, he asked his mother as he was walking down the aisle, "Mom, what's it called again when after you get married and then you don't want anymore?" His mother, appalled to the bone, exclaimed, "Tomas! When you get married, that's it, you stay married!" "Yeah, I know mom, but what's it called?"

Cutest kid ever. See his striped purple tie? He totally rocks it. Purple was the color of the entourage.


The Boyfriend looking dapper in his new suit.

Since I was maid of honor, I had to give a speech for the newlyweds. I totally got a bunch of people to laugh and cry. Ha!


How many wedding receptions do you know have a Rockeoke session after? Live band and drunken revelry by your guests onstage? That was FUN.


My sister and her new husband sang a duet of ...well I forgot the title but it was their theme song. I think it was Crazy For You by Spongecola Madonna. Real sweet but off-key. Heh.


The Veloso women (now including my sister) sang Like A Virgin. Yeah, right!


The groom and his entourage also rocked out.


This was the uberdrunk host Miko. Super drunk, super loud, super funny.



The Groom and his barkada from University of the Philippines. I spy...one chick in a barkada full of guys!


This is Tito Hermy singing solo. SOLO. What a sight, a balding ex-congressman inviting his friends (my father included) to join him onstage. One song isn't enough, he wanted to sing the whole hour!


That's my dad onstage with some of his friends. They took over the stage! Their wives all stood up and came to the front, started dancing...synchronized. Like groupies, all in a line.


After the band had tired of hearing guests warble off-key into the mic, they took over and started playing a couple of upbeat oldie songs. The real oldies in the front broke out into some kind of unidentifiable, bone-bending, epileptic dancing. My dad was shaking his leg and booty like a mad dog.


Aren't my progenitors so cute??


I hope my sister's marriage is like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment